These routine immunisations for all children are highly recommended. You will receive notification when your child is due to receive them. If you have any concerns regarding the childhood immunisation programme please discuss with the health visitor or nurse.
It is recommended that the following group of people receive yearly vaccination against influenza each autumn
- Those over 65 years of age
- Those with chronic lung disease (asthma and chronic bronchitis)
- Those with diabetes
- Those with chronic heart disease (angina and heart failure)
- Those with kidney failure/disease
- Those with deficiencies of the immune system
- Carers registered with Ridge Green Medical Centre
- Those who have had a stroke or TIA.
The surgery runs special vaccination clinics from October each year. Please contact reception to make an appointment. The NHS is unable to offer influenza vaccination to healthy adults under the age of 65 years and otherwise healthy children. We also offer flu vaccinations to those who are not high risk. A charge will be made.